Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Today is my birthday and I am 32 years old. I'm a bit bummed myself because I was hoping to be a published novelist by now. Unfortunately I have some ADHD/bi-polar issues that have thus far been a barrier to success in that area (not to mention talent issues) but hey, on the other hand, I got my free Ubuntu Linux disks today, so everyone is getting the gift of linux for Christmas this year. Speaking of Linux, "Baghira", the OSX theme for KDE is now a complete desktop theme, not just a window decoration so my desktop now more completely emulates a Mac environment. Plus I discovered "switch2" a little utility to change the theme on your Gnome/GTK2 apps and "Kooldock" a linux app that emulates the MacOSX dock. With the "gnumetal" theme for my GTK2 apps and the "Baghira" theme for my KDE apps I have a very Maclike desktop now. Here is my new wannabe Mac desktop. Here is a full size screenshot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home